Saturday, November 20, 2010

Travel Days

As any traveler is well-acquainted with, travel days are almost always...no, undoubtedly always an adventure. Yesterday, we were to take a shuttle from Antigua to Guatemala City to get on the plane...the shuttle couldn't find our house so Timmy stood on the street corner (where we were supposed to meet our driver) for a good 45 minutes. After contacting the company by using a phone at a nearby tienda (and the Spanish skills of the tiendista) we found our shuttle only to be told it was our fault and we would have to be charged a second time. Timmy talked to the jefe and we were able to at least get half price...we just needed to get to the airport!
It's a good thing we hopped on the shuttle because a road closure and SUPER long line at the airport later, we made it to the gate just in time to walk on the plane. I was just repeating how happy I was to be on the plane because for many days, we debated whether a plane or 3-day bus ride or the plane would be better.
Upon arrival to San Jose, Costa Rica, we then discovered our next leg of the trip was the 4 hour bus ride to Manuel Antonio. We met a great taxi driver (although we opted out of his $100 taxi ride to our locale). Victor showed us what bus tickets to buy, where to eat dinner and the closest spot for Internet access...thanks Victor!
The bus ride was over a river (literally) and through the woods and the whole time Timmy and I had some drunk kids sitting behind us..lol..I really didn't think two men could talk..or shout.. straight four hours through, but I was wrong!
The whole day through, I..we... felt surrounded by angels. On every turn, there was someone to tell us where to go and how to get there. The people here are wonderful. As far as travel days, they really are an adventure worth living!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great adventure! I love hearing the news. I love you and miss you. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun!!! I love all the pics--thank you! thank you! thank you! I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner. T your belly is so cute! I can't wait to feel that baby moving around and see your cute belly in person=) I miss you guys! Teri, happy, happy birthday! I look forward to taking you out to dinner or coffee to celebrate when you get back. I love you both SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete